I suffer with Fibromyalgia and other health problems and the treatment I have with Georgia helps to ease my aches and pains and gives me a sense of well-being. Since starting treatment with Georgia I find that my mood has lifted and I cope much better with any stress. Georgia is an experienced therapist and I find her very understanding, knowledgeable and very empathic. She always listens to me and seems to understand how I feel and knows how to adapt her treatment to fall in sink with how I feel on the day. After each treatment I feel at peace with myself and the world.
Mrs Birt from Newport, South Wales
When I came to Georgia I was in continuous pain in my right arm and shoulder. I wasn’t using my arm at all, I was holding it across my chest throughout the day as it was too painful to lower down. This has been going on for at least 2 years and has been causing me a lot of stress and sleepless nights. After 3 treatments with Georgia, I am now out of pain, I’m using my right arm again and have the strength back both in my arm and shoulder and the stress of all that pain has now gone. In fact previously, I was beginning to go into a depression which has now lifted. Margaret Breddy from Cwmbran, South Wales
I’m a bit of a sceptic when it comes to Complementary Therapies but in desperation, I contacted Georgia. I received a series of Meditation, Aromatherapy and Reiki sessions, as well as some valuable dietary suggestions and a set of relaxation and mobilisation exercises to do at home, during which time the symptoms gradually eased and I was able to return to work full time. I have no hesitation in recommending Georgia. – Mrs K, Nantyglo
A Case Study Revealed, with permission from my subject, Mrs K from Nantyglo, South Wales.
Mrs K came to me for help at the beginning of May 2013. She had a diagnosis from her specialist of Diverticulitis and she felt that the tablets she had been on were not helping. As a ‘Holistic Wellness’ Therapist it is not my place to either diagnose or to treat medical conditions. Understanding the symptoms that a client presents though and finding their root causes is what really interests me.
During our consultation it transpired that the following were all, collectively, most probably the stressors which had caused Mrs K’s present condition.
1. Mrs K found it difficult to relax and go to sleep and often had disturbed sleep or insomnia
2. Mrs K had lost her mother about 2 months before she fell ill, but did not allow herself any time, or even the permission to grieve.
3. Work pressures and unresolved issues had escalated in work, months before she took sick leave.
4. Home life was demanding and Mrs K was expected to look after grandchildren, sort out family disputes as well as look after her sick mum for quite some time, before she passed away.
5. Mrs K hardly drank water, her diet was not the best, with carbohydrates dominating and in addition she found that certain foods bloated her.
6. Her shoulders were very tense and she had suffered with low back pain ‘for ages’.
7. She never had time to exercise or time to herself to unwind.
8. Mrs K found it difficult to accept that she really did need time off work and was entitled to it in order to concentrate on getting herself better.
9. Mrs K’s energy was low and her lymphatic system quite sluggish.
10. Mrs K’s mood varied and she found herself quite tearful at times when normally she was ‘strong’ and ‘nothing would phase’ her.
Through discussion and open and/or process questioning Mrs K decided on her plan of action:
1. Eliminate certain things from her diet and increase others like fish and vegetables.
2. Increase her intake of water whilst reducing her coffee intake.
3. Look in to certain supplements, such as essential fatty acids, with advice from either a nutritionist or a knowledgeable employ at a health shop
4. Delegate tasks and not take so much on herself.
5. Leave 10-20 minutes a day, to begin with, for total relaxation and time to reflect and even give herself permission to grieve for her mum.
6. Rekindle her hobby and love of reading for pleasure and undertake a small convenient exercise routine.
My Treatment Plan for Mrs K was as follows:
1. To unblock, rebalance and increase Mrs K’s energy through the Chakra system and the stimulation of certain acupressure points, kick starting the body’s own healing process.
2. To increase blood circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system to excrete toxins.
3. Calm Mrs k’s anxiety, release any ‘trauma’ and quilt she suffered through losing her mum and through, what she perceived as, ‘not being able to cope’.
4. Calm the nervous system and aid digestion and bowel movement naturally.
5. Re-align muscle fibres and disperse muscle tension and ease trigger points.
6. Re-align and support the lower back.
7. Increase joint mobility
8. Relax the mind and reduce mind chatter/thought clutter.
9. Provide relaxation and stretching exercises to practice at home
10. Increase levels of endorphins and encourage better sleep.
11. Encourage ‘mindfulness’ of being
12. Help re-balance Mrs K’s hormones and mood through oil blends for home use.
Mrs K’s treatment took place over 6 weeks and consisted of Reiki Healing, Therapeutic Massage, the use of appropriate Essential Oils, Acupressure, Mindfulness Meditation and some EMI which were either used alone or in combination with each other, as I saw appropriate, to bring about the best results for Mrs K.
Mrs K’s testimonial:
After a stressful five years of trying to juggle a full time profession with caring for my sick, elderly mother as well as running my own home, I was diagnosed with ‘diverticulitis’. Following the death of my mother, the condition became so bad that I was unable to work and all aspects of my life were badly affected. Prescription and over the counter medicines had little effect on the severity, frequency and duration of the attacks I experienced last year. In desperation, I contacted Georgia Dowsell, who was previously a teaching colleague of mine for many years, and asked for her advice. I am rather sceptical of alternative therapies but I know Georgia to be a person of the utmost integrity. I received a series of Meditation, Aromatherapy and Reiki sessions, as well as some valuable dietary suggestions and a set of relaxation and mobilisation exercises to do at home, during which time the symptoms gradually eased and I was able to return to work full time. I have no hesitation in recommending the treatments provided by Georgia. I now attend maintenance sessions which help keep me on track.